This is the major steps of how to open LC (Letter of credit) in Sri lanka.
Steps of lc opening
- First you should want to get invoice (PRO - FORMA INVOICE) for your order.
- If you are a permit holder, make sure that you provide us with the permit number, since the invoice needs to depict this number.
- Submit proforma invoice to your bank.Bank provide you application form.Please make sure your application form duly filled with accurate information.
- Bank hold invoice amount and send LC (Letter of Credit) to our bank.Bank convert invoice amount to rupees based on the exchange rate of the date you submit the form.
- Once we get confirmation from our bank we Ship the vehicle before the date mentioned in the proforma invoice and provide necessary documents to our bank.
- Our bank send documents to your bank.
- You can collect all the documents which you need for clear vehicle from port.
- Provide those document to your clearing company who support you clear vehicle from port.
Original documents you received through your bank.
If you are a permit holder, the relevant permit.
Your National ID card.
L/C copies certified by your bank.
Completed copy of Form 115.
Your Home address certification.
- Advise your bank to issue pay order for the TAX amount address to custom general[Director of Custom's] and provide wharf clerk's name and ID card who is coming to collect pay order from bank.